Tuesday 17 March 2020

March 17, 1990


Thirty years ago today

            It was a Saturday and the first day of my water fast. I got up around 11:30 and in the early afternoon I took a brief trip downtown to pick up some film I'd had processed. I forgot to drop off the new rolls that I wanted to develop.
            On the way back I stopped to pick up the cleaning that Nancy had taken in for me but the very pretty young black woman who worked there couldn’t find it.
            At home I puttered around, laid down for a while, took a shower, did my washing and drank some club soda.
            I was just a little tired and spaced out. I was going to develop some pictures but by then I was too low on energy.
            Throughout the day my cravings had been oranges, pizza, chicken and steak.
            Nancy had rented an apartment at the other end of the hall. I had expected her to drop by but she hadn’t by midnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment