Saturday 21 March 2020

March 21, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            On the fifth day of my water fast I was weaker still than the day before. At work I went up to Newmarket with Bud and finished up there fairly early. We had to bring Ron back to Mimico with us and so both he and Bud were smoking in the cab of the truck. After getting back to the yard and unloading the truck there wasn't much to do and so I just poked around.
            I craved Main Event food, McDonalds french fries, french fries from those trucks, large avocado, cheese and tomato sandwiches with mustard and mayonnaise, chicken, beer and fresh orange juice.
            On the way home I stopped at Vina Pharmacy to weigh myself and I was 78 kilos. I was surprised that I hadn’t lost more weight.
            After coming home I got a call from Tom Smarda who’d just got into town from up north. He said he would drop by early the next week. He told me that Grub Magazine was going to publish the controversial stuff that I’d sent them. 
            I made broth for Nancy. She was disappointed, not in the taste but in the quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment