Wednesday 18 March 2020

March 18, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            It was a Sunday and the second day of my water fast. I got up at 8:45 and went to put my laundry in the dryer. On leaving the laundry room I saw that Nancy’s door was ajar and I could see her through the crack. I knocked and when she opened the door I saw that her mother was there. I'd only seen her once in the fall of 1989 when Nancy wanted to spend the night at my place but her mother said that if she went she may never see her alive again. She recognized me.
            As they were leaving, after her mother had gone up the basement steps ahead of her, Nancy turned to me and asked, “Why did you do that?"
            I responded, “Why not?”
            I had a pretty active day. I did all of my regular cleaning chores, except for the floor. I didn’t think I had ever been so active on the second day of a fast.
            I had no cravings at all this day.
            After Nancy came back she told me that her mother had asked her all kinds of indirect questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment