Monday 2 March 2020

March 2, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            I worked late with Bud. We went up to the dump in Maple. I took photographs of the lines of tracks and the bulldozers pushing the multi-coloured garbage in the sun. I also snapped pictures of the birds flocking above it all as the sun illuminated their opaque wings.
            After that we went to the scrap yard where I took pictures of the stacks of crushed automobiles shining in the afternoon sun as well as their reflections in the muddy puddles around the yard.
            I went to Mr Pong’s for dinner and it was pretty lousy like I expected it to be. Mr Pong was there still working in his old restaurant even though he’s probably rich.
            After that I went to the Paddock where I had a beer and read the Globe and Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment