Monday 23 March 2020

March 23, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            When I got up on the morning of the seventh day of my water fast I didn’t remember having slept at all. I got up at about 4:30 and tried to sew my jeans but I ran out of thread before I was done. I did a little paperwork and then went back to bed.
            I worked with Bud in Brampton. Boy, was it ever cold and windy! It was hard on my fast but the more I worked the easier it was.
            My food fantasies had been mostly all about sweets, probably because all of the sugar was leaving my system. I thought about making whipped cream in a blender and dropping in chocolate bars; and pureeing whipped cream with chocolate, peanut butter, banana and egg. I also craved éclairs.
            When I got home I laid down and didn’t get up until 1:00 the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment