Monday 9 March 2020

March 9, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            Aubrey, Norm and I all crammed into the cab of truck V5 and drove downtown to the Mowat Block. We had problems with the elevator because the doors had to be manually pulled shut. After lunch the lift wouldn’t work at all and so took what we’d loaded back to the Mimico yard.
            We were about to unload. I had struggled to pull a heavy credenza out of a tight spot and had placed it on the forks of the tow-motor. Just then Spud, a guy that’s been rude to me for several months, said in his irritating tone for me to put it back on the truck. It was such an absurd order that I told him to, “Fuck off.” He responded, “I’ve taken enough shit from you!” This bewildered me because I couldn’t think of any shit that I’d ever given him.

No comments:

Post a Comment