Tuesday 24 March 2020

March 24, 1990


Thirty years ago today

            On the morning of the eighth day of my water fast Nancy and I were talking in bed and she told me that her mother was a packrat. She had tons of fancy kitchen gadgets and utensils that she’d never used but refused to get rid of. But since Nancy had her own place now she could take some of it and she would leave some of the stuff at my place.
            We chatted until late in the morning about food and after I got up we talked about our fantasies of food.
            I craved pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, waffle ice cream sandwiches, Shreddies cereal and tofu wieners.
            I puttered around after Nancy went to work. I showered and shaved and then I went downtown to get two copies made of my collage.
            When I got back I laid down for a while until Judy came in.
            Later I was feeling too restless to lie down but too weak to sit up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment