Thursday 19 March 2020

March 19, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            It was a Monday, the third day of my water fast, the first day of real weakness and I had to work.
            I went out with Bud making deliveries and I gathered strength as I laboured. The only problem was that while riding in the cab of the truck between destinations my bad knee always felt cramped because Bud was short and put the seat forward. It felt good whenever we were on the job because then I could stretch my legs. We worked downtown until about 16:30 and so Bud dropped me off at my place on the way back to Mimico.
            I felt very fatigued as soon as I got home and went straight to bed.
            I got up at around 21:00 but I didn’t take a shower until after 23:00.
            I craved cinnamon toast, McDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken.
            Nancy had also decided to fast and decided to sleep here while she was doing it.
            It’s easier when there’s someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment