Thursday 26 March 2020

March 26, 1990



Thirty years ago today

            Early on the tenth day of my water fast, after we were in bed Nancy confessed to me that she had broken her fast by going on an eating binge. While we were lying there she devoured a bunch of cookie crumbs before going to sleep.
            In the morning before leaving for work I weighed myself on Nancy’s scale and I was at 75 kilos.
            Bob, my boss was an asshole. He didn’t send me out in the truck with Bill, but sent the new helper instead, who didn’t work half as hard as I did. He should have known that I was a better asset to a driver than I was to the warehouse, but I had to work in the yard.
            Tom didn’t show up that night.
            I felt stronger than the day before.
            Tony gave me some brownies, which of course I couldn’t eat yet.
            I craved a brownie sundae, saltines and butter, Campbell’s tomato soup with lots of pepper, beef roti, homemade channa roti, oranges and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment