Friday 10 April 2020

April 10, 1990: Dreading a Visit from Victoria



Thirty years ago today

I only worked for half a day because of the rain.
I got through to Joy at around 18:00 and chatted until her other line rang. She told me she would call back but I didn't know if she did because at 20:00 Nancy and I went out to see Woody Allen's “Take the Money and Run”. It was her first time seeing it and my second but I still laughed all the way through.


On the way home as we passed the Green Dolphin I saw Victoria through the window. She came out to chat and said she would drop by later. I said okay but warned her to come alone. After walking away I was dreading her visit. I was tired of all the hassles that she and Whitefeather had put me through.
I went to bed planning to ignore her if she knocked.


No comments:

Post a Comment