Thursday 2 April 2020

Dragons



            When I got up on Wednesday there was still no wifi. During yoga I started thinking of trying to get wifi from Freedom Mobile as an expansion of my phone service. The ideal would be to have a pay as one goes system for wifi like I have with my phone. I don’t really need wifi on my phone but just on my computer and my laptop. If they have some kind of stick that I could plug in when I need it that would be best.
            When I finished song practice the wifi was back on so I don’t know why I kept being asked for a password the night before. I might still look into paying for wifi to augment the free but sporadic set-up that I have right now.
            I memorized another four lines of “Le bras méchanique” (The Mechanical Arm) by Serge Gainsbourg.
            I got caught up on my journal.
            I had coffee for the first time in a month and was back on protein and so I had some soymilk.
            I had a salad with soy sauce for lunch.
            I tried to take a siesta but only laid down for half an hour.
            In the early afternoon I rode to Queen and Spadina to find out if I could get and expansion on my phone plan that would include wifi that I could use on my computer. I waited outside for about twenty minutes or more talking to an elderly Ojibwa woman who came down from Spadina and Bloor because her local store was also closed. I told her I came from Parkdale because my store is shut down. She said she grew up in Parkdale when there were mostly Ukrainians and Polish people living there. 
            Inside I found out that there is no home internet plan at Freedom. They have a tablet with internet for $15 a month but I would be tied up for two years and I really wanted a pre-paid plan.
            When I got home I did a search for pre-paid home internet plans and Virgin Mobile seems to have them. I called them twice but cut off both times while on hold. There’s a store at Queen and Spadina that’s open so I’ll try going there on Thursday.
            I went on Cloud Convert and changed the last seven of Gomer’s lecture slides from Power Point to PDF.
            I started working on answering the short answer questions that were given us to study for the April 13th exam.
            I weighed 88.2 kilos before dinner.
            I made guacamole with cilantro, garlic and seasoned salt and had it with plantain chips while watching two episodes of Noggin the Nog.
Noggin and his right hand man Thor Nogson have climbed a mountain looking for the dragon that has been terrorizing the people of the Hot Water Valley. But they have unknowingly climbed on top of the dragon’s back. When the dragon looks around and sees them he is so excited to have finally found some people that he breathes on them. As he is an ice dragon his breathe freezes them solid. To right his mistake the dragon carries Noggin and Thor to one of the steaming geysers of the valley to thaw them out. When they have recovered, the dragon apologizes and introduces himself. His name is Grolliffe and he is quite distressed because he does not have a bed to sleep in. He has been driven out of his comfortably frigid cave by smoke and heat. Noggin tells Grolliffe that they will help him and so the dragon flies them to the mouth of his cave from which smoke is indeed rolling out. Noggin sends Thor into the cave to investigate and inside Thor is amazed to see mountains of treasure. He also hears evil chuckling and when he follows the voice he discovers that Noggin’s evil Uncle Nogbad is there shovelling treasure into sacks. When Thor exits the cave he informs Noggin and Grolliffe that Nogbad is inside stealing treasure. Grolliffe explains that it is not his treasure but that he is the treasurer of the Dragon Friendly Society and that if the other dragons learn that the treasure has been stolen he will not only lose his job but the bad fire dragons will go on a rampage and burn everything in sight. Nogbad positions a cannon at the mouth of the cave to stop them from entering but Grolliffe freezes the weapon and Noggin, Thor and Ronf step inside the cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment