Sunday 19 April 2020

April 17, 1990: Trying Hard Not to Quit My Job



Thirty years ago

I did very hard landscaping work at a condo complex until 16:30. This new job was extremely difficult. I didn't plan on giving up but it sure wasn't easy to keep going.
I had shrimp salad sandwiches for lunch and a couple of oranges, a New York Seltzer and some grape juice.
I picked up a few groceries and added beets and sour cream to the soup with the cat food in it.
I had the rest of the beer and did a bit of work but I felt sleepy and went to bed. I didn't get up until 23:00 when Nancy came in. I got up to shave and shower and Nancy asked if she could stay over.
Nancy was almost finished reading Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson by George Gurdjieff. I hoped she would read it to me when she was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment