Sunday 5 April 2020

April 4, 1990: The Best Chilli I'd Ever Made



Thirty years ago today

It was another half day on the new landscaping job because of too much rain and wet snow.
On my way home I saw Nancy selling flowers at King and Yonge. She told me she was almost finished reading the second book of Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson by George Gurdjieff.
When I got home I ate the cappuccino Toffutti and then cooked a big wok-full of chili with zucchini and eggplant. It was the best I'd ever made.
When Nancy got home she told me that she'd only made one dollar because some of the flowers had been stolen when she'd gone to use the washroom. What a life! She didn't seem worried and said she'd made enough money to pay her rent. I thought that she should have also been concerned about having enough money to buy food rather than being content to live off of my cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment