Saturday 18 April 2020

April 15, 1990: You Can Make a Crucifixion in the Market Selling Flowers on Easter



Thirty years ago

After midnight it was Easter Sunday and I broke my Lenten fast with the soup I'd accidentally made with cat food. I doctored it up with sour cream and Parmesan and had it with onion chips.
I got up fairly early and had brownies, marshmallow bunnies and coffee for breakfast.
I spent the day cleaning my place, all except for vacuuming because Nancy had my machine at her place.
I did my income tax but figured that I must have made a mistake. I'd only made $10,000 in 1989 but my calculations showed that I owed over $200. I hadn't filed the previous year because I owed $800 but I'd thought that this year would cancel that out. It seemed ridiculous for me to owe that much and so I decided I would go over it again later.
I added sausages to the soup.
Nancy made an incredible $350 selling flowers that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment