Friday 3 April 2020

April 3, 1990: Cooking



Thirty years ago today

It was my second day on the new landscaping job. It was a full day this time but the weather was tolerable.
On my way home I bought three kinds of Toffuti: Wildberry, Chocolate Swirl and Cappuccino Swirl. When I got home I ate the Wildberry. I went to the library and when I came back I ate one of the others.
Nancy's sister Susan was coming for a visit but my place was a mess. Nancy cleaned it up a bit before she arrived.
I made a big melange of lima beans, green peas, tofu and mushrooms with lots of ginger and spices. It was great and Susan even liked it. Nancy told me later that I'm one of the only people that had ever been able to get Susan to eat vegetables. Apparently their mother was a pretty bland cook.
Susan was a real cutie-pie.
I got to bed late.

No comments:

Post a Comment