Thursday 30 April 2020

April 30, 1990: She Was Scared I Might Be Ugly But Then Told Me To Come Over With Some Ice Cream



Thirty years ago today

We started the lawn mowing season and Devon and I were slow at learning the
new work. On top of that the machinery kept breaking down and so we fell behind schedule.
After work I went home and waited for Heidi to call. The phone rang at around 18:00 and she told me she didn't want to meet at Toby's. She confessed that she was uneasy about meeting me at all. She said that she'd never done anything like this before and that she was scared and worried that I might be ugly.
I suggested that we meet in a place where she felt safe and comfortable.
After about an hour of humming and hawing over the phone she finally asked me to come to her place and to bring some ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment