Thursday 2 April 2020

April 2, 1990: First Day as a Landscaper


Thirty years ago today

My first day at the new job was wet and cold and having heard that it was going to be plus seven I hadn't worn a sweater. I had on my holey gloves and they got soaked. Fortunately they called off work after half a day because of the rain. I probably made more money in half a day of landscaping than I would have in a day at the Ministry of Government Services.
I had time to go home and change before going out to meet Cathy. She didn't show up of course but I had a nice glass of red wine before going home.
Nancy brought a bunch of stuff over from her parents' place. There were various kitchen utensils and some food such as re-fried beans, hazelnuts, tempura batter and two apples. We argued because she had given me the impression that the whole box was for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment