Tuesday 21 April 2020

April 21, 1990: Handsome White Man from Outer Space



Thirty years ago today

I got up at around 9:00 and had sausages, eggs and toast for breakfast.
I did a bit of work at home and then headed out to the Now Magazine office where I placed a classified ad that read, "Handsome white man from outer space seeks black woman from out of the ocean's pumping depths. Let's go dancing in a blender and come up for air under approximately mutual skies - 532-6823."
I walked back across the bridge to Yonge and Bloor and bought two empty writing books at Curry's.
I went down Yonge and stood in line for about ten minutes at McDonald's to get an ice cream, only to find out that the machine wasn't ready yet. I went across the street for a frozen yogourt.
I walked down to Spadina and Queen where I had some colour enlargements done of the birthday collage that I'd made for Nancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment