Saturday 9 October 2021

October 10, 1991: Nancy's parents said if I didn't move out they'd call the cops but nothing was going to keep me from my child


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday night Nancy had the nerve to take the baby from her regular bed and put her to sleep in Susan's room upstairs. I took her back downstairs to sleep with me. 
            On Wednesday at 3:30 the baby woke up so I called for Nancy and after she fed her she took her upstairs. 
            I got up at around 10:30 and Nancy relayed to me an ultimatum from her parents. They said either stop sleeping at their place or they will call the police. But I could do nothing but stay because nothing was going to stand in the way of me being with my child. 
            I did some laundry, ate a few crackers and headed to my place. I did some more work on my collage and then went out to pick up some cheap groceries. I had avocado and tomato sandwiches and read some newspapers. I slept for three hours and then I called Nancy but she wasn't home. 
            Later Nancy called me back to tell me that she would be sleeping at Rakinas because she'd asked her for support. Something smelled fishy so I headed up there. I got there at around 22:00 and she was still there but said she was just leaving. We sat there for about half an hour and when they went to the car I got in with them. They drove to Rakina's place but it turned out she wasn't even home. They waited in front of the building for a few minutes and then drove to a plaza to call her, but she still wasn't home. They waited there for half an hour, called again and decided to give up. Nancy said to drop me off at Warden but I said no and that I was going with my daughter. Nancy kept on insisting but I stood my ground. Nancy's mother pulled into a plaza on Warden and waited for half an hour until Nancy gave in and let me come. 
            Back at their place I took the baby inside and put her to bed beside me. Nancy came in later and woke her up to take her upstairs. 
            I slept restlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment