Saturday 30 October 2021

October 30, 1991: I felt very alone, with no one on my side on the issue of joint custody


Thirty years ago today 

            On Wednesday morning I met Bill and Bill near Victoria Park and Sheppard where we'd loaded the trailer on Friday to take to Guelph. Bill McLaughlin's cousin was also there so I was pissed off about him draining my hours. The guy was working for free for fuck sake! After work I got a ride to Victoria Park and Lawrence. 
            When I got home I called Mike Copping and he told me he'd tried to reach me all the day before because that would have been the best time to get together and go to a movie. He said he'd called Nancy and arranged for us all to meet at 19:00 next Wednesday. Mike didn't seem to agree with joint custody either. I felt very alone, with no one on my side. Mike had a tendency to bend his mind to defend a woman's side of things no matter what the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment