Friday 22 October 2021

October 22, 1991: Central Guaranty said that since I'd put the city on their back about the heat they were going to play hardball with me about the rent


Thirty years ago today

            I called the city again about the heat not being on. An inspector came to take a reading but it was warm outside. They called Central Guaranty and someone from there brought me a space heater. Michael Quinlan came by with some extension cords but he told me that since I'd been getting the city on their back they were going to play hardball with me and charge me for the three months back rent that he'd told me to forget about before. He said that if I didn't pay I would be evicted. 
            I went to see another lawyer about joint custody of my child and I was more impressed with him than the one I'd interviewed the day before. 
            I still couldn't reach Nancy. The only one who was straight with me whenever I called was her sister Susan. I missed my baby and wanted to take care of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment