Friday 29 October 2021

October 29, 1991: I got to hold my daughter all the way downtown


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday I met Nancy at Warden Station and held my daughter all the way downtown. When we got to Chi-Chi's there was a sign announcing that they were bankrupt. We walked to Fisherman's Wharf but it was closed until the dinner hour and so we settled for The Olive Garden across the street. Nancy paid and then we went to see “Frankie and Johnny.” I missed the ending because the baby had been making a lot of noise and so I had to take her out of the theatre. But it was not a sensational film. It seemed contrived as if someone had sat down to try to think up a love story rather than being inspired to write one. 
            I saw them back to the bus at Warden Station and kissed my daughter goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment