Friday 15 October 2021

October 15, 1991: We discussed an out of court custody settlement because she was afraid they might take the baby away from both of us if we exposed our situation to the authorities


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday morning when I called her mother's business number Nancy finally answered. We discussed an out of court custody settlement because she was afraid that they might take the baby away from both of us if we exposed our situation to the authorities. After that conversation I tried to call Nancy several more times but her parents had begun the practice of hanging up on me. 
            I went to Legal Aid, first to Old City Hall for the trespassing case and then to Dundas and University for access to my child. 
            I talked with the great lawyer Robert Valentine who'd handled my ex-girlfriend's case so well a few years before but he didn't want to take on a non-criminal case. He referred me to his partner but I found him abrupt and uninterested. Maybe he was tired. 
            I got through to Nancy again but nothing was resolved and she hung up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment