Thursday 28 October 2021

October 28, 1991: Central Guaranty offered me $2500 to move out


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday morning I called the city again about there being no heat and no hot water. They called Central Guaranty and then Michael Quinlan called me back. He offered me $2500 to move out. I told him I'd think about it but he asked how much it would cost them for me to decide right away. I answered that I would think about it and call him back in the afternoon. 
            I called Mike Copping long-distance and got his advice on their offer. 
            I had an appointment with a legal clinic where I was advised that since I hadn't even gotten an eviction notice yet I shouldn't sweat it. 
            When I got home I called Quinlan but he didn't repeat the offer. He just said they'd be fixing the furnace and my plumbing right away. 
            I got in touch with Nancy and we made an arrangement to meet for dinner on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment