Tuesday 26 October 2021

October 26, 1991: Ross Virgin's In Search of Justice seemed a bit Neo-Fascist, but they had some useful information about child custody


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I was at my place until 16:00. I tried to get in touch with Nancy about seeing my daughter but she either wouldn't come to the phone, wasn't home or her mother was lying. 
            I headed up to an Esso station at Islington and Steeles for 18:30 where I'd arranged beforehand to get a ride to the In Search of Justice meeting. The guy behind the desk seemed a bit Neo-fascist to me and I thought I could smell swastika grease coming from somewhere behind the walls. I argued with the leader Ross Virgin right from the start because I didn't want to give my last name. He used intimidation tactics on everybody. Despite my distaste for Virgin's organization, they had some useful information. There was no law in Ontario that honoured joint custody. That had to be agreed upon by the mother. I had a better albeit slim chance at getting full custody.

No comments:

Post a Comment