Sunday 31 October 2021

October 31, 1991: No one knocked on my door for Halloween. I looked forward to taking my daughter out next year


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday morning I waited half an hour for Paul Hansen and Gary at Yonge and Bloor. It was a two-flight walk-up to a two-bedroom apartment but most of the furniture had already gone and all that was left was mostly boxes and books. We were done unloading at Yonge and Finch by 14:00. 
            No children knocked on my door on Halloween night. I was looking forward to taking my daughter out next year. Mike Copping called me from some bar and I was surprised because he'd planned on going home to take his kids out trick or treating. But his wife Cathy had told him not to burn himself out driving all the way down there when he had to be back at work in Toronto the next morning. We talked again about my custody situation. He was very sympathetic to Nancy's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment