Monday 25 October 2021

October 25, 1991: It was the first day I'd worked since the cops kicked my back in


Thirty years ago today

            Friday was the first day I'd worked since the police kicked my back in. It was still a bit sore but I guessed I could go back on the job. I worked with Bill and we finished up near Victoria Park Station so I just went home from there. 
            Mike Copping called to tell me that he would come by after work and spend the night. He arrived at around 21:30. Along with other conversation he mentioned a book he was reading about demonic possession and which he wanted me to read. We went for a walk and when we came back we talked some more about my situation. I read him a letter that Nancy wrote to me in which she mentioned me reading a newspaper in a restaurant while tears were running down her cheeks. He sympathized with her, but to be fair if I'd known she was crying I probably would have comforted her as I had many times before.

No comments:

Post a Comment