Thursday 21 October 2021

October 21, 1991: I called the city about there being no heat and someone came to take a temperature reading


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday there was still no heat in my place so I called the city inspectors and someone came over to take a temperature reading. They called Central Guaranty to get on their backs. Michael Quinlan phoned to tell me that they had a chance to sell the place but the people wouldn't buy it until there was no tenant. He asked if they could find me a place and give me a month's rent. I said I would have to like the place and I would need the first and last month's rent. He told me he'd see what they'd say about that. 
            I went to see a lawyer. When I got home I tried to reach Nancy but it was impossible. She seemed to be avoiding me. I was crying a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment