Sunday 17 October 2021

October 17, 1991: I heard conversation on the other side but when I rang Nancy's bell it became muffled, the lights went out, I heard running on the stairs and then silence.


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday I still couldn't get through to Nancy by phone. Her mother kept hanging up on me. I went up there that evening and saw Rakina's car in the driveway. I could hear conversation just on the other side of the front door but when I rang the doorbell it became muffled and then the lights went out. I heard running on the stairs followed by silence. I rang the bell about thirty times and then walked down the lane to the park behind the house to look through the fence. Suddenly I heard tires screeching as Rakina's car sped away. They were treating me as if I were some kind of dangerous person.

No comments:

Post a Comment