Saturday 23 October 2021

October 23, 1991: The baby woke up in McDonalds and seemed scared like she didn't know me. That hurt


Thirty years ago today

            Nancy called me on Wednesday and asked if I wanted to go with her to take the baby to the doctor. I met her at around 14:30 at Victoria Park and McNichol. Her mother dropped her off and I was appalled that Nancy put our child's life in that absent-minded, horrible driver's hands. 
            The doctor tried to play counselor and said that Nancy should have custody. He also thought that the baby shouldn't have my name, should be using a pacifier and should start eating brown rice. He agreed with everything Nancy wanted and it seemed to me she had the hots for him. 
            We went to some mall, maybe it was Yorkdale, and then to Bamburgh Plaza near Nancy's place. The baby woke up in McDonalds and seemed scared like she didn't know me. That hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment