Thursday 7 October 2021

October 7, 1991: I told the bank rep in charge of my building I was paying $25 less because there was no heat and hot water


Thirty years ago today 

            On Monday morning I went to Finch Station where I tapped the bank machine and got a coffee before catching the bus and getting to the job site between Yonge and Bathurst at around 9:00. We moved the Speech and Stroke people to near York Mills and Yonge. There was a cute young black woman working there. 
            After work I got a ride to Sheppard Station where I went to the bank, cashed my cheques and withdrew my money. I put $575 in a money order and called Michael Quinlan to find out where the lawyer's office was. I was on hold for half an hour before getting the address and telling him that I was paying $25 less because there was no heat and hot water. I added that if the heat wasn't on by October 15, the date past which it was illegal to have it off, I'd call the appropriate ministry. 
            Nancy called to tell me she'd be sleeping at Rakina's.

No comments:

Post a Comment