Saturday 16 October 2021

October 16, 1991: At the Police Complaints Commission they took pictures of severe bruises on my back


Thirty years ago today 

            On Wednesday my back was slowly healing from getting beaten up by the cops two days before. I could touch my toes but it was still painful standing up, sitting down, or rolling over when I was in bed. I could only sleep on my stomach. 
            I went down to the Police Complaints Commission where they took pictures of my back. I'd had no idea that my bruises were that severe until I saw the Polaroids. 
            It was too late to go home before meeting Mike Copping so I had a shake at Harvey's and then headed up to Eglinton. I had a beer at a pub and then went to McDonalds where I had a coffee while waiting for him. He arrived shortly and we went to the Second Cup where I told him what had been happening to me with Nancy and our child. We went for a beer and then we went to see “Mediterraneo.” Mike said he would be willing to mediate a meeting between Nancy and I. He said that he'd call her.

No comments:

Post a Comment