Wednesday 27 October 2021

October 27, 1991: Nancy was in bed when I called but rushed out of the house so she wouldn't be there when I called again


Thirty years ago today 

            I tried to reach Nancy all day Sunday. When I first called at around 10:30 she was in bed but when I phoned half an hour later she was gone. Apparently, she heard that I'd called and rushed out of the house so she wouldn't be there when I called again. Later in the evening I got through to her sister Susan and had a conversation with Nancy through her. She said I couldn't see my child until we met with Mike Copping serving as a moderator. I finally got Susan to convince Nancy to talk with me directly. After a short conversation in which she told me that I could not have joint custody, she hung up. 
            I'd been doing a lot of collages, working on projects, cleaning, and doing my laundry in the ever-running tub. But the newspapers kept piling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment