Sunday 17 May 2020

May 17, 1990: The Waiter Turned Out to be Jennifer's Abusive Ex-Boyfriend



Thirty years ago today

I talked on the phone with Jennifer and then with Yvette until quite late. Yvette reminded me that I would have to spend the whole day with her on my birthday.
It rained hard at work but it cleared up in the afternoon. I finished at 18:00 and then rushed home to get ready. I didn't manage to get my place very clean before Jennifer arrived. I showed her all of my photos and contact sheets. She liked the photo I call "The Hole in the Heart Donut Shop".
We took a cab to Chinatown and had lobster. Then we went to the Aquarius Lounge on the 52nd floor of the Manulife Centre where by some strange twist of fate the waiter turned out to be an old boyfriend of hers who had beaten her up once.

No comments:

Post a Comment