Tuesday 5 May 2020

May 5, 1990: She Was a Knockout, But She Didn't Dance



Thirty years ago today

I worked half a day and when I got home I got ready to go out and meet Yvette. I walked into the Bamboo Club at 17:00. There were no tables free along the bar and so I asked about an empty table on the edge of the dining section and I was told I could sit there. After ten minutes no waiter came to serve me. Yvette arrived and she was a knockout! She sat down but still no waiter came. When I asked I was told that we couldn't be served in that section. Yvette and I agree that this is poor management and so we decide to go elsewhere.
We had dinner and talked and Yvette seemed to enjoy the conversation. We went for coffee and then to a dance club but Yvette seemed uncomfortable in that environment and didn't really dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment