Friday 22 May 2020

May 22, 1990: I Took Heidi for Her Abortion



Thirty years ago today

I had previously arranged to take the day off work so I could take Heidi for her abortion. She was still throwing up a lot before 9:30 when we went down to the Bay Birth Control Centre so she could have a tent inserted to expand her cervix. We didn't have to be at the hospital until 13:45 and so we went back to her place. She started cramping because of the tent and it became very severe by the time we had to leave. There was no way she could have made it to a streetcar and so I paid for a cab. She had to lie down in the waiting room and she threw up twice. They called for her at 14:00. I was in the waiting room for a long time and wrote some poetry. After four and a half hours I asked for her and they let her go at 19:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment