Saturday 30 May 2020

May 30, 1990: Yvette Said She Couldn't Live Up to My Wild Sexual Expectations



Thirty years ago today

When I came home from work Judy told me that Charlie had a package for me that "some black girl" had dropped off and so I went up to get it. It was a bag containing the records that I'd left at Yvette's place as well as the little shaver that she'd promised me. I thought to myself, "Uh oh!" I immediately called her and the phone rang three times before I noticed that there was also an envelope in the bag. I hung up to open it and found inside a pissed off letter in which she wrote that she couldn't live up to my wild sexual expectations. She added that as far as she and Jennifer were concerned I couldn't have my cake and eat it too.
I called Yvette and she said that I could come over on Friday but I would not be allowed to spend the night.
That night I went out with Jennifer. We had planned on going to a movie but stayed on in the bar instead. She was very good at sticking with the present and not rushing to catch up with future moments.
We comforted each other because we'd both had bad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment