Saturday 9 May 2020

May 9, 1990: She Gave Me a Tour of City TV Where I Saw News Anchors Making Out in the Shadows



Thirty years ago today

I had a brief but triumphant confrontation with Henry that morning over the company t-shirts.
He said, "Everybody else wears them. Why won't you?"
I answered, "Because I don't think they're necessary."
I met Jennifer that evening. She was as short as she said she was but skinnier than I pictured. She had big, almost buggy eyes and she was cute but neither pretty or beautiful. Her wild energy however made her very attractive.
We had drinks at The Queen Mother and then she took me on a tour of the City TV building. I saw two news anchors that I recognized making out in the shadows.
We went to Apropos. and afterwards we held hands as she walked me back to Parkdale.
She liked me a lot. She told me she wanted to see me again before we kissed goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment