Friday 8 May 2020

May 8, 1990: I Refused to Wear Company T-Shirts


Thirty years ago today

Just before work Henry handed me four t-shirts with the DeBoer's logo on them. I thought that they were gifts. They were kind of ugly but I figured I might alter them and wear them sometimes. I found out from Lorne that the cost of the shirts would be deducted from my paycheque and so I told him that I'd be giving them back. We had an argument about company image and all that stuff. I said that my contribution to the company image was to work hard for the company.
I wasn't able to get in touch with Heidi until late and when I did I found out I couldn't come over because her friend Kieth was staying there. It was too late for her to come to my place so we just talked on the phone for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment