Tuesday 7 September 2021

Alan Hewitt


            On Labour Day after midnight before going to sleep I did my usual check of the baseboards and walls for bedbugs and found none. 
            Later during yoga my mobility was better than the day before. Sometimes I was able to stretch my arms in front of me and raise them straight up. I could also put myself into a push up position but without being able to do push ups. 
            I edited the line positions for "La java des chaussettes à clous" (The Tap dance of the Hobnail Boots) by Boris Vian in Christian's Translations. 
            I finished posting my translation of "La Fautive" (The Whole Fault) by Serge Gainsbourg. It's from the movie "Je vous aime" starring Catherine Deneuve and Gerard Dépardieu. I found the Gainsbourg song "La p’tite Agathe" also from the same film and tried to sing along but it's a very fast Punk song sung intensely by Dépardieu and backed by the band Bijou. It's hard to follow at first because of the speed but it's pretty simple so I'll get it. 
            I weighed 89.4 kilos before breakfast. Around midday I finished cleaning the first of my two muffin pans and started on the other. I got all the gooey stuff off that seems to be years old olive or some other kind of vegetable oil. 
            I weighed 90 kilos before lunch. 
            In the afternoon I was getting ready to leave for my bike ride when my neighbour David came by with some takeout that might be beef, vegetables and rice and a can of root beer. We had been scheduled to go for lunch yesterday but he explained he'd had an emergency. 
            I was a little afraid to ride again because of my accident on Friday but as it was a holiday traffic was slower than usual. I rode to Yonge and Bloor. When I passed Queen and Spadina I looked for the place where I'd wiped out but I couldn't see where the sunken manhole is. I weighed 89.4 kilos when I got home. 
            I worked on my poem series "My Blood In A Bug." 
            In my Movie Maker project of the video I'm making for my song "Instructions For Electroshock Therapy" I synchronized the concert video with the studio audio at the end of the second line of the second verse when I sing "that's my advice." This is immediately followed by my keyboardist singing "shock therapy" but I only have two clips of Brian singing that phrase when the camera is mostly on him and I've used them both earlier in the song. I decided to reuse the first clip, then synchronized it. Then I wanted to change the visual effect of the clip so it doesn't look the same on each repeat. At first I couldn't figure out how to apply the various effects until I dragged the gray scale effect into the clip and it changed. I'll do gray scale again for the repeat of the second clip and then try something else when I repeat the first clip again, and so on. It's kind of exciting to learn something new about how to use Movie Maker because I think I can really play around with and make use of the effects in the future. Next I have to find some video that matches my line, "now take a razor and shave the hair around the temples then rub electrode jelly there." 
            I cut up a whole chicken, rubbed the pieces with olive oil, salt and chili powder and grilled them in the oven. I put water in the pan beneath the grill to collect the drippings and after an hour I put some of it in the too thick gravy that I'd made last week. Later I put frozen french fries on the grill as well between and around the chicken pieces. 
            I worked on the graffiti on one of the bricks in my "Anti Gravity's Rainbow" photo. 
            I had a chicken leg with french fries and gravy while watching two episodes of Gomer Pyle. 
            In the first story Carter decides to give Bunny a puppy for her birthday and she loves it. But it gets upset when it sees Carter trying to kiss Bunny. Also Bunny doesn't want to go out with Carter and leave Tipper all alone. Carter gets Gomer to puppy sit so they can go out on a date but he keeps calling Bunny about every little thing and Bunny doesn't want to stay out too long even with Gomer caring for him. Then Carter can't be alone with Bunny because Tipper whines when Gomer tries to leave. Staying in for every date is starting to drive Carter nuts and so he plots to get rid of Tipper. He makes up a story that Tipper's mother is upset without Tipper and so he'll have to be returned, but Carter really plans on giving Tipper to a pet shop. But before he can put his plan into motion Gomer arranges for Tipper's mother to visit Bunny's place twice a week. Next Carter uses Bunny's key and takes Tipper away to a pet shop, making it look like Tipper ran away. But Gomer finds Tipper at the pet shop and buys him back to return to Bunny. 
            The second story begins with Gomer and Duke minding a road block as the Marines are helping the state police look for smugglers. They have with them an expensive piece of Marine radio equipment for communicating with the other checkpoints. While Gomer is stopping an elderly woman Duke gets a call for them to carry the radio back to the truck. But Gomer indulges in helping the old woman out with her car and they are late getting back. They see the truck driving away without them. They flag down a car and ask for a ride. Mr Burton agrees to help and they put the radio in his trunk but after he drops them off at the base they forget the radio. Carter signed for it and so it's his responsibility and so he takes Gomer to town to look for Burton. They find him and he says he left the radio in his hotel room. But when they get there Burton and his partner turn out to be smugglers with guns. They tie Gomer and Carter up to chairs and steal their uniforms. Gomer rocks his chair until he's on his feet, hops to a wall, knocks a picture off to expose the nail and pries the tape off his mouth. Then he slams the chair backwards into a wall until it breaks. He frees Carter and they find two cops in a squad car but the cops don't want to help. Carter handcuffs himself and Gomer to the car. The cops decide to take them in but on the way see Burton's car. Gomer had told them Burton had a busted water pump and they see that's him and go after them. They catch the smugglers and drop off Gomer and Carter at the base but Gomer and Carter forget the radio in the trunk of the cop car. 
            Burton was played by Alan Hewitt, who is best known for his role as the suspicious Detective Brennan on "My Favourite Martian."

No comments:

Post a Comment