Monday 13 September 2021

September 13, 1991: The transit strike was still on so I got around by car, cab, foot, truck and train


Thirty years ago today

            On Friday the TTC strike was still on and so Nancy, her sister Susan, the baby and I got a ride to my place with Nancy's dad. We were there for about half an hour and then we went to Licks. After that we caught a cab downtown. I took the baby with me to Kinkos to get some copies done and then we met Nancy back at Eaton's Centre. 
            I had to be at the Milton Stage for 18:00 and so I went to Union Station and took the GO Train to Mimico, then walked up to the loading site. We finished the job in Toronto at the TVO warehouse and I got a ride to Coxwell. I called Nancy but she didn't know if they were coming downtown so I ended up sleeping at my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment