Thursday 30 September 2021

September 30, 1991: I banged my finger and bled from under my fingernail twice while unloading the truck


Thirty years ago today

            On Monday morning I was back at Kingston Road and McCowan to finish the job we'd started on Friday. The trailer had been taken away and so we had to wait. Ray went on a coffee run and then Bill Black arrived with the trailer. It was afternoon by the time we got it loaded and headed for Burlington. We had lunch at Applewood Mall and then waited in front of the customer's new house for two hours because she hadn't gotten the key. 
            I banged my finger and it bled from under the nail twice while unloading. The customer got us Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner and we finished at around 21:30. 
            I got a ride to Kipling with Ray and headed back to Nancy's place. When I got there I went around to the back and knocked on the glass sliding doors of the family room. Nancy's sister Susan had been sleeping with her until then and she got up to let me in. 
            I finished reading my book on folk songs and got caught up on my diary, but at the time I wrote this I was behind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment