Tuesday 14 September 2021

September 14, 1991: It was the third day of the TTC strike so I hitched from the Beaches to Parkdale, thumbed back downtown and took the GO to Scarborough


Thirty years ago today

            On Saturday I got up at around 10:00 and went out to get some stuff for breakfast. I made coffee and put a few things out on the sidewalk to sell while I worked on projects. I sold nothing but one guy was very interested in my Lenco turntable. He didn't want to give me $30 for it but we exchanged numbers and he said we might arrange a trade. 
            I did some cleaning in the living room and picked up most of the magazines and books. 
            It was the third day of the TTC strike so I walked to Woodbine and stuck out my thumb. After a couple of minutes I got a ride to Parkdale where I went to my old place to check for mail. There was none but I found out that Charlie the super was in the hospital. I thumbed along King and got a ride to University, then walked to Union Station and took the GO Train to Scarborough. I hitched up Warden to Nancy's place just south of Steeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment