Sunday 26 September 2021

September 26, 1991: In "The Fisher King," when Jeff Bridges finally said "I love you" to Mercedes Ruhl, our baby shouted out something that sounded like "Yay!"


Thirty years ago today

            On Thursday morning I headed out to meet Gary at St Clair and Yonge but when I got to the subway I realized that I was an hour early so I had a coffee at Druxy's. I was on the job site half an hour before Gary. We did a lot of pick ups and deliveries and finished off near Finch Station. I called Nancy and arranged to meet at 17:00 in the food court under the Hudson's Bay Centre. I had an hour to kill so I went to the Brass Rail. Nancy and I went to see "The Fisher King." At first she didn't like it but in the end she said it was very good but not great. She liked "Dead Again" better. It was my second time seeing it and I liked it so much I could have gone again. 
            With perfect timing, after Jeff Bridges's character finally says "I love you" to Mercedes Ruhl's character, the baby made a loud noise that sounded like "Yay!" Everyone in the theatre laughed. 
            We headed straight back for Nancy's place and took the Birchmount bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment