Friday 17 September 2021

September 17, 1991: It was the sixth day of the TTC strike. I was the first hitchhiker Kima had ever picked up but she said she'd gotten a good feeling from me


Thirty years ago today 

            On Tuesday it was the sixth day of the TTC strike and so Nancy, her sister Susan, the baby and I got a ride downtown with Nancy's father. They split from me at Eaton's Centre and I hitchhiked to my place. The first ride was with a guy who looked and seemed like the actor William Hurt. He was a writer and we had an interesting chat while he took me as far as Pape. Next a guy from Africa drove me to Kingston Road. Then a pretty young woman named Kima stopped for me and said that I was the first hitchhiker that she'd ever picked up. She said she decided to give me a ride because she got a good feeling from me. After she dropped me off by my place I kicked myself for not getting her number. 
            I finished cleaning the living room and then I called Martin Osini about the wallet that I'd found. I hoped that if he came for it he would give me a ride back to Scarborough, and he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment