Saturday 25 September 2021

September 25, 1991: I'd promised to take care of the baby while Nancy took a day off but I got called to work


Thirty years ago today

            On Wednesday morning I got a call from Ruben about helping make deliveries for The Brick furniture warehouse. I asked Nancy if it was okay because I'd promised to take care of the baby while she took a day off. The driver was supposed to pick me up at 10:00 and while I waited I cared for my daughter. Nancy's father was supposed to babysit after I left but the driver still hadn't come by 11:30. Advald had some errands to run and I was about to tell him he could go when the truck showed up. We made deliveries until 19:00 and then he drove me back. I took care of the baby until Nancy came back and then I went to Bamburgh Plaza to buy some food and the newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment