Wednesday 1 September 2021

September 1, 1991: We went to the midway at the Ex where I tried my luck but failed


Thirty years ago today

            On Sunday I got up at around 7:30 so I could get to my place before 10:00 and set up the sidewalk sale again. Sales were little better than half those of the day before. The Playboys didn't move but I sold the wooden couch for $10. I was both glad to get rid of it and sad to see it go. I sold some of the library books, the clothing and the silverware. I brought more stuff up from the back and the cushions for the sofa. The hippy guy came by with his four and a half month old baby. He said he massaged her gums because she was teething. His wife came by later. 
            I met Nancy and the baby at the Ex. We mostly just went to the foof building. The baby had teeth coming in and I could feel them already. We went to the midway where I tried my luck but failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment