Friday 24 September 2021

September 14, 1991: I drove Mike Copping's car along Church Street so he could check out the hookers


Thirty years ago today

            On Tuesday morning I went to Yamaha where I met Ray and Gary. We unloaded the grand pianos that were on the back of a trailer and I learned how to assemble them. Then Gary left and Ray and I unloaded the rest of the pianos. We finished early. 
            Nancy wasn't home when I got back to her house. I changed and went to my place where I mopped the floors and worked on some projects. 
            I called Mike Copping and we made a date to go see "The Fisher King" that night. Nancy phoned and told me she might be able to make it. I went early to buy the tickets but I was told not to line up until 20:45. I went to the Brass Rail for a while and came out at 20:00. The line up had already started and Mike came half an hour later. We enjoyed a conversation and Mike leant me $15. The film was fantastic! 
            After the movie Mike had me drive his car up and down Church Street so he could check out the hookers. Then I drove it up to Nancy's place in Scarborough.

No comments:

Post a Comment