Wednesday 12 August 2020

August 12, 1990: It started pouring and so we waited because Yvette didn't want to flatten her hair



Thirty years ago today

I called Yvette in the late morning and she asked if I wanted to go with her to Womad at Harbourfront. I was there about half an hour early and took a couple of pictures. When she arrived we went to the food tent where I had African and she had Tibetan. I tasted hers and found that mine was better.
We went to see Meneka dance. I hadn't seen her since I met her at the Sivananda Yoga Centre in Montreal fifteen years before. She was still beautiful and her dancing remained incredible.
We went for a drink and saw an African guy singing while playing some kind of stringed instrument.
It looked like rain and so Yvette wanted to start for home but it started pouring before we could leave. Yvette didn't want to flatten her hair and so we waited a while before finally braving it.


No comments:

Post a Comment