Sunday 9 August 2020

August 9, 1990: Marva Jackson said that my idea for a radio show was really good



Thirty years ago today

I called Marva Jackson and she told me that my idea for a radio show was really good. She said that I should look into doing it on my own. She informed me that there was a course on Saturdays at CKLN where I could learn how to use the equipment and make a demo tape. She told me that I wouldn't have to take time off work to do a show because I could pre-tape it.
I made quite a few calls to photographers, giving them my number in case they needed an assistant. I also made an appointment for the next day with a casting place that hires extras.
When Nancy came home I suggested that we rent a video. We picked up one of my favourites, "Crimes of Passion" by Ken Russell. Nancy liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment